Happy Friday! I’m wrapping up my 10 things post today. It’s been fun this week and who knows, maybe I’ll do it again the in future. Thank you to those of you who followed along this week and those who participated on your blog. I’ve decided that I’m going to focus on blogging today. I started this blog a year ago and never thought it would turn into what it is. I’m thankful for all of my followers. I am continuously amazed by the blog world and learn so much from you all weekly.
1. You can make friends in the blogging world. There are bloggers that I feel like I was meant to be friends with. Bloggers who have positively impacted my life. Bloggers who have proven to be a wonderful support system. Real friends.
2. I am no where up to date on fashion. Nor do I have much style. I’m always inspired by all of the fashion posts I see. I’m also envious that so many of you have a talent for fashion and style. I learn about cool new hair styles and beauty blogs that I am now checking daily. I am thankful that you share these posts, you’re definitely helping a girl out!
3. I can’t have everything I want. Maybe I learned this lesson in grade school. BUT…I’m talking about all the things we post about. Vacations, products, clothes, decor, etc. Ya’ll make me want to go out and buy 10 new things per week. Or plan a vacation to your hometown to visit the places you talk about. I want it all!
4. It’s important to blog for ME. Write about what I want to write about. Be myself. It’s what I write that matters, not how often I post or how many link ups I participate in each week.
5. Don’t take blogging personally. Don’t get down on yourself when you lose followers. It’s also EASY to compare my life with the lives of the other bloggers I see. But, like one of my favorite quotes says…I have no idea what their story is about. But, if I feel compelled to learn more and enjoy reading what the person writes- I become a follower.
6. It’s easy to gain weight from blogging. You may be laughing, but I’m being serious. You end up spending more time on the computer each day. Lets face it- it’s addicting. Who doesn’t like a little snack while blog
stalking surfing?? Maybe it’s just me! Plus there’s all those darn recipes everyone posts, I’m guilty too. I end up making half of them and they are definitely not skinny girl recipes!
7. Sometimes I have to force myself to STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in reading and catching up on your favorite blogs. But, I can’t write about things if I’m not out there experiencing them. Just like other hobbies, set time aside to do the things you enjoy. But, always put the most important things first.
8. There are so many people like me out there. So many that share similar stories or experiences. I’m not the only over analytical, type a, over protective, super sensitive, crafty, suzy homemaking, compulsive shopping, coffee addicted person out there! Now that’s a
9. Remember why you started blogging. I started the blog to remember the little details of life, keep my family that wasn’t here day to day up to date on our lives and document the little moments that are going to mean so much down the road. It’s my life. This is my footprint.
10. I have amazing followers. I value everyone who takes the time to read my blog and leave comments. Thank you!0 Did you like this post?