1. Work was very eventful this week. I had my first case of lice in my classroom. I had a minor meltdown but everything was okay. I thought I had it (as my head started itching immediately once I heard of the case in my room), thought I would have to get rid of everything in my classsroom, thought it would be all over my house, etc. Everything worked out. It was only one student and all of the fabric in my room is bagged up for two weeks. I had some great parents who helped clean things up. For the record, I didn’t have it.
I have some funny & sarcastic kids this year. These kids are going to keep me on my toes…Exhibit A: Student made a not so great choice following another student. I responded with the typical “if ____ jumped of a bridge, would you do it too?” His response: “It depends on if I can find a parachute”. Exhibit B: I had to clean all of my pillow cases in my classroom immediately. Therefore I was taking them off in class. The kids look confused, wondering what I was doing and one kid said “I know!!! We’re going to have sack races!!!” oh boy.
2. Hubs is back home tonight. Praise the Lord. He’s been away on business for about 3 weeks (home on weekends) and I’m ready for things to be back to normal. I’m ready to start cooking dinner again and especially ready to not have to take the dogs out in the morning before work. My hair was a hot mess for the past two weeks thanks to the early morning humidity. Of course, I’m ready to have him back home for other reasons too. I’m ready to have my best friend back to talk to about my great and not so great days, ready to be able to relax with him, catch up on our shows, and fall asleep in his arms. So ready.
3. GO BULLS! The second tailgate of the season is this Saturday. It’s a 7pm game which I couldn’t be happier about. I love later tailgates and the cooler weather we’re starting to have here in FL. Last game was a blow out, hoping for the same tomorrow.
4. Cinnamon brooms are back at Publix! You may have an obsession if 5 friends send you a text letting you know they’re out. There is something about fall scents that put me in a fabulous mood.
5. I’m on a mission this weekend to get the house in order. I have a few loads of laundry to do, normal cleaning, organizing and LOTS of sprucing up outside. Hopefully I can get D in on the fun to help out.