1. Set up a budget for the new year. Accomplished. I went through all of our monthly bills. I made a made sure things were paid off and I created a flexible budget for 2012. I wanted to use Mint.com to keep track of spending, but hubs was not a fan. He wasn’t comfortable with an online company having access to our bank info. So, I think I’m going to go with Quicken. I think the most challenging part of the budget for me is my $100 shopping budget per month. This includes shoes, clothes, crafts, etc. I will roll over what I don’t use to the next month. But…I’ve realized I don’t need anything. When I told hubs I was going to make a budget and I wanted him to do it with me, he laughed. I was a little offended at first, then he explained. I’m the one that does the spending. He rarely buys things for himself besides gas and the occasional coffee at work. He was absolutely right. I need a budget, he doesn’t. Some of the things I included were grocery bills (goal of $150-$200 per month) and eating out ($100 per month). We will see how it goes in January. I’m willing to make adjustments where needed but the budget will stay!
2. Watch the last two seasons of Gossip Girl. Accomplished. Thankfully I was not feeling well most of my break, which made for lots of time to watch TV. I did a one month subscription to Netflix and watched the entire 4th season in a week. Now I need to get caught up on season 5!
3. Create 10 Handmade Christmas Gifts. Accomplished.
4. Exercise three times a week. Failed. I don’t have any excuses. I just didn’t make this happen this month.
5. Create a mail organizing system. Accomplished. I took an organizer that we already had at home. I used my Cricut to make the letters, of course. D has his own section and I have mine as well. It’s set up in the laundry room, right when you walk in from the garage. Now, I have to make sure to actually use it!
0 Did you like this post?