New month, new goals. This is an important month for goals. It’s the last month of the year. The last 4 weeks to get things done before we ring in 2012. When picking my goals for the December I thought about things I wanted to accomplish before the end of the year. I went through my 101 in 1001 list and took a few ideas from there as well. I can’t believe as of now, there are only 20 days until Christmas. I’m definitely not ready! Why is it that I always wish I would have started holiday planning earlier? Next year, I’m starting in July! Now onto my December goals!
1. Set up a budget for the new year. I pay atttention to what I spend but not enough. I have a tendency to buy, buy, buy. I don’t have the control I should when it comes to shopping and spending. So, I want to take the time to look into my expenses and set a realistic monthly budget for myself. Hubs doesn’t shop like I do, so this is solely for me. I want to be ready to kick off the new year being smart with my money!
2. Watch the last two seasons of Gossip Girl. I’ve never watched the show on TV. I watched the first two seasons over Christmas break last year and haven’t seen an episode since. This break, I’d like to get caught up. I think I’ll do a Netflix trial so I don’t have to wait to get them in the mail!
3. Create 10 Handmade Christmas Gifts. I already have lots of cookies baked ready to share with coworkers, friends and neighbors. I plan on using Pinterest to find creative ways to wrap them up to share.
4. Exercise three times a week. I’ve been really slacking when it comes to working out. I went to the gym once last week, that was it. So, this month I need to get active. Whether I make it to the gym, go for a run or walk or do a DVD. I need to do something, especially during this time of year when I’m eating nothing but sweets!
5. Create a mail organizing system. D and I both are horrible about going through mail. I pay all bills that require writing a check, he pays all online bills. I get LOTS of magazines and even more catalogs. We get lots of junk mail on top of that. Our mail gets piled up and I despise going through it all. I’ve seen a few cute organizing ideas on Pinterest that I can’t wait to try.