5. Start couponing & budgeting again. Failed. I did great couponing while shopping for myself. Bath & Body Works (Hello Fall Candles!), Loft, Target, Jo Ann’s, Babies R Us. But I did not cut one grocery coupon this month. I didn’t even go to my couponing site to look at the sales.
I’m so happy that fall is officially here, even though all of my decorations have been up since the start of September. I have lots of fun things planned for this month, many of which include starting new family traditions. Before I share my goals for October, lets look back on how I did in September.
1. Bake/ Cook 5 new fall recipes. Accomplished. I haven’t had a chance to share them all on my Simply Made blog yet, but they should be up by the end of the week.
Cinnamon Bun Rice Krispy Treats
2. Spend no more than an hour a day blogging. Accomplished. I tried to plan a lot of posts in advance and did a good job using morning naps to blog and pin. I did a lot of embroidery work this month and my business is picking up. I haven’t found the perfect balance between taking care of the baby, blogging, crafting, cleaning & cooking. But, I’m able to do it all to some extent, so I’ll take it!
3. Start AG’s monthly growth book. Accomplished. I’ve uploaded all of her pictures onto the site. I try to do it every Friday so that I won’t have to load hundreds of pictures next August.4. Finish decorating for fall. Accomplished. I need to take pictures & show you what I created this year. Maybe I should add that to my October goal list…
Four out of five isn’t too shabby with a newborn at home. Now, I’m ready to conquer another month. Hopefully it won’t fly by as fast September did.
I made my fall bucket list last week, so I will be working on that this month along with the following goals…
1. Make 5 new crockpot recipes. I’ve been using my crockpot at least twice a week since the baby came. It’s just too easy not to use.
2. Lose 5 lbs. I’ve been doing great on Weight Watchers and am happy with how I look at almost 8 weeks postpartum. I can’t tell you how much I’ve lost so far because my scale battery went out over the weekend. I have an idea of where I’d like to be by the end of the month and I’ll be able to start working out next week so that should help.
3. Start Christmas Shopping. Since I’m not working I need to start planning my gifts and start shopping. Thanks to the 100 days of Christmas, I’ve already made a list of gifts and set a budget. I am determined to stick to it.
4. Create business cards & inserts for Simply Made with Love.
5. Complete 7 things off my fall bucket list.
6. Reorganize my office/ craft room. I have too much stuff everywhere. Everything that needs to be put away from the dining room seems to end up in there. Then when I go to sew or craft I have to move everything and it ends up in another pile. It’s a never ending cycle. I have a feeling this little project will involve a trip to Ikea!
Have you set your goals for October? If not, what’s stopping you?0 Did you like this post?