One more Friday and then it’s August. AUGUST! I just don’t see how its possible. In less than a month, I’ll have a three year old and soon after that our weekends will be filled with all things football. To say I’m looking forward to this time of the year would be an understatement. Cannot wait.
Now, lets take a look back at the week, shall we?
Last weekend, I headed out of town for the night with two of my best friends for a little mommy getaway. It was much needed and the first time I’ve been away from both kids since L was born. While it was only 24 hours, it was nice to have some girl time, do some shopping and get some sun.
This week, I cooked two new recipes. I’ve definitely been in a cooking rut lately but was determined to change that. Our neighbors came over for dinner last week and brought a delicious home cooked meal. Hubs and I said we definitely needed to step up our dinner game. While we don’t eat out during the week (most of the time) I usually just make rice bowls, changing up the meat and toppings. This week I created two new recipes. One was brown sugar and honey grilled pork and the other was a lemon garlic shrimp pasta. Recipes coming soon!
I posted this picture on IG this week to document our playroom being cleaned. While I really do try to pick it up at night, it rarely happens. I’m so tired by the time the kids are in bed, the last thing I want to do is clean some more. And since this is our loft, it doesn’t bother me as a messy kitchen or living room. Anyhow, the room stayed this clean for about 10 seconds. As soon as L could reach the entertainment center, he pulled out every since bin and dumped it out. If only he could clean up after himself…
Don’t forget to check out my new favorite sweet treat, perfect with your afternoon coffee!
The 2015 Back to School Simply Made with Love Collection was launched last night. All of these designs are available on the website, along with all of your backpack and lunch box needs!
If you’ve been a reader for a while now, you love my love for HALO SleepSacks and Swaddles. HALO is excited to announce that their HALO SleepSack Swaddles are now used in over 1,400 hospitals nationwide. Through HALO’s Safer Way to Sleep In-Hospital Program, hospitals and NICUs across the country are able to replace their nursery blankets with our SleepSack Swaddles, increasing parent education about infant safe sleep practices – right from the start.vThis week Halo is running a “Safe Sleep from the Start” campaign on Facebook to give away a free HALO Bassinest and HALO SleepSack Swaddle to one lucky winner. Head on over to their FB page to enter! And always remember these sleeping tips:
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Room share, but don’t bed share. Bed sharing can put a child at risk of suffocation.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
That’s all I’ve got for today. Happy weekend friends. Ours is filled with birthday parties, a neighborhood dinner, some shopping and family time! What are you up to this weekend?0 Did you like this post?