One of our favorite things to do over the summer months is have friends and family over. Whether it’s for dinner, a planned party or impromptu get together, our door is always open. Since we entertain a lot, I’ve figured out how to throw together a party in just a few hours. No stress involved, just some essential things I know to grab to make the get-together a success. The benefit of being able to throw some things together quickly is you can be ready in an hour or two, aren’t running around frantically and you’ll be able enjoy yourself more throughout the party. Heck, maybe you’ll even be done with time to spare and can enjoy a glass of wine before the party starts!
Here are my essentials for a successful summertime party. Make sure you ready until the end, I have a fun printable for you!
1. Games. No outdoor party is complete without some fun and games. Our day game of choice when hosting BBQ’s is corn hole. It’s fun, everyone can take turns playing, even the little ones! If it’s later in the evening, we’ll play Taboo or Catch Phrase. Both an absolute blast with a group of people.
2. Supplies. Keep it simple. Grab some napkins, plates and cutlery and you’re good to go. I’m usually a one stop shopper when it comes to parties, usually at Publix or Trader Joe’s. There, I can grab the food, supplies and my party drink of choice.
3. Food. Find a few tried and true recipes and stick to them! I have a handful of dips and desserts that can be ready in less than 20 minutes. If you’re having a good amount of people over, do it pot luck style, having each guest bring something to share. If you’re just having another couple or a few families over, pizza is always an easy option, with a homemade dessert to enjoy afterwards. If you’d like a few recommendations, this avocado feta dip is delicious along with crowd pleasing Snicker’s cake!
4. Drinks. I’m a JaM Cellars girl through and through when it comes to wine. And what party is complete without a nice glass of wine. JaM Cellars makes three easy-to-love, everyday California wines Butter Chardonnay, JaM Cabernet and Toast Sparkling. I usually like to have two wine choices for the ladies and a selection of beer for the guys. Since it’s summertime, I usually pop my JaM Cabernet & Butter Chardonnay in the fridge for about 20 minutes before serving. Trust me when I say that your guests will be asking you where to get their own bottles of JaM!
5. Tablescape. I love having a little decor or personal touch when entertaining. But again, I don’t want to spend a long time getting things ready. For summer entertaining, I love using mason jars to add to the decor. The ones you can see on this table are painted and filled with fake flowers. They took 10 minutes to make. You can also put sand in the bottom of a mason jar with a candle on top of the sand for a more beachy look.
Another fun idea for summer parties is having drink tags for your wine so that your guests don’t have to play the whose is who game. Below you’ll find a full page of 9 CHEERS wine glass tags. All you have to do is print them on cardstock, cut them out and put them around the stem of the wine glass. Your guests can choose their color for the night and will never miss their glass of JaM!
Download your printable here. Make sure to go into print preview mode to see all of the tags. If you have any difficulties please let me know.
See where you can find JaM Cabernet by using their wine finder here.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.1 Likes