Last weekend, I hosted Sunday family dinner at my house for the first time in way too long. When I was younger, my family always did something special on Sunday evenings. Many of those evenings were spent at the beach, playing in the sand, swimming in the ocean…always followed by milkshakes at Checkers. Always.
When I think about what I want my kids to remember and the traditions I want to start, family dinners are on the top of that list. One of the biggest blessings in my life- besides my kids of course- is having my family close. My littles think Nana and Papa hung the moon and I couldn’t agree more. My parents are the most wonderful people in the world and my brother and SIL are right there with them. So every chance we have to spend time together, I jump on it.
Since it’s a tad challenging to prepare an elaborate meal with two littles running around the house, I went with semi-homemade for this particular dinner. Parmesan chicken, roasted green beans and mushrooms and roasted red potatoes were on the menu for dinner. Dessert was this SUPER EASY mine Oreo parfait.
When I say this dessert is easy, I mean it. I was able to make and prepare all of the parfait cups while the dinner was in the oven.
I made 8 parfait cups with the ingredients below:
1 package of mint Oreos
2 tubs of cool whip- extra creamy
chocolate pudding- if you have some time, you can make a packaged pudding and set in the fridge for a few hours. I decided to take the easiest route and bought 2 packages of chocolate pudding cups- 8 little tubs.
clear cups- 8 or small bowls.
The last thing you’ll need are large ziplock bags.
- Pour all of the pudding cups into a large ziplock bag. Do the same with the containers of cool whip- one container in a bag at a time. In a 3rd ziplock bag, crush one whole sleeve of Oreos. Set aside.
- Put one whole Oreo in the bottom of the clear cup.
- Cut a corner of the cool whip bag and “pipe” the cool whip on top of the Oreo. About an inch worth.
- Pour a tablespoon of crushed Oreo on top of the cool whip.
6. Pour about a tablespoon of crushed Oreo’s on top of the pudding.
6. Top with whipped cream.
7. Finish it off with a whole Oreo.
There you have it. Sweet, simple. The entire family enjoyed this dessert, including both littles. These parfaits can be made so many different ways. Different cookies, different pudding flavors, so many combinations.